Company: Luminex Corporation
– Performs market research, analyzes new market opportunities and pursues new business development opportunities.
– Participates in the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy.
– Develops proposals, ROI and other economic models, and term sheets.
– Manages the day-to-day aspects of closing LBG deals, including utilization of legal counsel and coordination with R&D, marketing, accounting, finance and other functional areas.
– Manages the development of strategic partners and alliances as well as identifying technology and intellectual licensing opportunities.
– Organizes, tracks, documents and reports on the status of all prospects in the LBG business development pipeline.
– Work with the LBG management staff on product strategy, and work with LBG product development and technology staff to develop new products and services.
– Report on industry trends, attend high-value conferences and seminars, and otherwise maintain a strong knowledge base of developments in the industry.
– Represents and advocates new product development initiatives in cross-functional business setting within the company.
– B.A./B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline, or the equivalent education and experience is required. MBA and M.S. or Ph.D. is strongly preferred.
– A minimum of 5 years business development or licensing experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical or in-vitro diagnostic industry.
– Candidate must have strong communication skills as well as analytical, business development, project management and planning skills.
– Must have strong leadership and cross functional team experience
– Proven ability to set and meet aggressive objectives.
– Ability to see new business development opportunities and develop strong working relationships is also preferred.
– Strong negotiation, analytical problem-solving, financial modeling and deal structuring skills.
– Global travel required (<30%). Click here for email]
Fax: (512) 401-5496
Luminex Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, citizenship status, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, or any other protected characteristic or category protected by applicable law.