Capella University’s Harold Abel School of Psychology
by Samara Crystal
Capella University (http://www.capella.edu) is an accredited online university that claims to have more than 16,000 adult learners, provides reduced tuition to 20 percent of U.S. community colleges, more than 120 leading organizations, and every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces. Its Harold Abel School of Psychology offers an extensive variety of professionally and academic oriented psychology degree programs online. Programs include
1. Master of Science (MS) in Psychology, with specializations in
* Clinical Psychology * Counseling Psychology * Educational Psychology * General Psychology * Industrial/Organizational Psychology * School Psychology * Sport Psychology
2. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Psychology
ensuPsychology North Western State University
The ensuPsychology North Western State University’s (http://www.nsula.edu) online undergraduate Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree program in Psychology is a science based curriculum following guidelines for undergraduate training in psychology laid out by the American Psychological Association. It also seeks to provide a broad-based liberal arts background, and educational experiences in the central areas of Psychology. Psychology courses include
1. General Psychology 2. Psychology as a Profession 3. Introduction to Experimental Psychology 4. Physiological Psychology 5. Experimental Psychology: Learning 6. Experimental Psychology: Perception 7. Advanced General Psychology 8. Statistics for Psychology 9. Psychological Testing and Measurements 10. Abnormal Psychology 11. Systems of Psychology 12. Applied and Ethical Practice
Along with the online Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology, programs also include Concentrations in Substance Abuse and Prevention.
Walden University (http://www.waldenu.edu) has provided graduate degrees to professionals since 1970 with careers in subjects such as Business, Education, Public Health, Nursing, Psychology etc. Walden’s online programs are based on flexibility and practical skills, and its Psychology courses include
1. M.S. in Psychology with specializations in
* General Program * Industrial/Organizational Psychology
2. Ph.D. in Psychology with specializations in
* General Educational Psychology * General Research Evaluation * Clinical Psychology * Counseling Psychology * Health Psychology * Organizational Psychology * School Psychology
American InterContinental University
35 years old in the business and accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the American InterContinental University’s online education (http://www.aiuniv.edu) emphasizes on real-world skills and practical deliverables in every course, and uses methods such as discussion boards, chat rooms, email, and voicemail. AIU Online offers online accelerated Psychology degrees in
1. Bachelor’s of Business Administration in Organizational Psychology 2. Master’s of Business Administration in Organizational Psychology
The online Psychology program is aimed at preparing graduates for career advancement in business or management. Issues such as group dynamics, training and development, performance appraisal, and conflict management are the main emphasis.
Ashford University (http://www.ashford.edu) was founded in 1918, and has provided liberal arts-based higher education to thousand of students. Its online education allows you to earn your degree in one of the low cost programs available, within 12-24 months. The online Psychology degrees offered by Ashford University include
1. Bachelor of Arts in Psychology 2. Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Management – Psychology
The online Psychology programs allow you to earn up to 12 credits of Psychology coursework into your Organizational Management concentration, with emphasis on communications, group behavior, decision making, and human resource management and ethics.