Sampoerna Foundation Overview
Sampoerna Foundation was established in March 2001 in response to the urgent need to improve the quality of education in Indonesia. Amid severe budgetary cuts to education due to the prolonged economic crisis, its founders realized the importance of private sector institutions filling the gap in those educational areas critical to Indonesia’s development.
Beasiswa Indonesia Scholarship International diploma sekolah S1 S2 S3 dalam negeri dan luar negeri.
Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarship Program
The Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarship Program is a mean to groom Indonesia’s future business leaders. Sampoerna Foundation provides the qualified individuals the opportunity to pursue a Master of Business Administration degree at leading business schools overseas. Upon completing the program, scholars are expected to return to Indonesia and endeavor to transfer their knowledge to their fellow citizens.
Application deadline is April 30, 2007. Applications should be submitted as early as possible.
Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarships consist of the following programs:
No. Name of Scholarship(s) Maximum number of scholarship(s) granted for 2007 Intake
1. Sampoerna Foundation (SF) MBA in the US 4
2. Fulbright – SF MBA in the US Scholarship* 3
3. Australian Education International (AEI) – SF MBA in Australia 4
4. Ambassade de France en Indonésie – SF MBA in France 2
5. British Council (BC) – SF MBA in the UK 2
6. Singapore Education (SE) – SF MBA in Singapore 2
*Please contact AMINEF about this particular program and how to apply:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation
Balai Pustaka Building, 6th Floor
Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya No. 4
Phone: 021-345-2016, 345-2018, 345-0709
CONDITIONS OF AWARD
The information contained in this document is intended for the Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarship Program, pertinent to the 2008 intake only.
I. Basic Eligibility
Applicant must satisfy ALL of the following conditions:
1. Indonesian citizen who is under 35 years of age when lodging the application.
2. Hold a Bachelor degree in any discipline from an Indonesian tertiary institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 (on a 4.00 scale)
3. Have a minimum of two-year full-time professional work experience after the completion of the undergraduate degree.
4. Have valid proof (validity of two years) of:
• International TOEFL with a minimum score of 600 (PBT) or 250 (CBT) or 100 (IBT), OR
• International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of minimum 6.5 (for MBA Australia only)*
5. Have valid proof (validity of five years):
• GMAT test scores above 600 with verbal score to be 25 or above*
6. Not currently enrolled in graduate or post-graduate program, or has already obtained a Master’s degree or equivalent.
7. Not enrolled or graduated from an overseas tertiary institution, unless was on a full scholarship.
8. Not in receipt of other equivalent award or scholarship offering similar or other benefits at the time of the award.
9. Demonstrate they are from financially disadvantaged family and that without the scholarship he/she will not be able to study for an overseas MBA program.
* GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS score can be submitted when the applicants pass Sampoerna Foundation Selection Stage and chosen as Finalists. The finalists then must have a valid score as required by each program.
** All applicants selected as Finalists for MBA France shall have to take language course in the appointed institution by SCAC and pass the DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française) B1 & B2 test.
Any applicant proves to have forged information in his/her application form or any of the documents attached therein will be immediately disqualified.
For more details click here.